Thursday, November 28, 2013

First Snow in Ghost Town Newport

By Manfried Rieder Starhemberg

Thanksgiving morning and the first snow has fallen in Newport City. It is also bitter cold but I had to do my morning walk anyways. Sadly, on a grey snowy day, the place looked more deserted than it is - even the social center of the city, the Pick&Shovel hardware, pet and ice-cream emporium was closed and downtown was deserted. Well - it is supposed to get better or at least more interesting when they start tearing it all apart next spring. I just hope it is not going to be a modernized version of a ghost town. The current one still has a lot of charm. Anyhow - join me on my weekly walk and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

South Bay is frozen over


I love the railroad...


This pile will come in useful soon

Ghosts everywhere...

No more Mexican






Just having fun in my back yard


Empty Prospect street with my house on the left


Wilhelm Tell in the snow

No comments:

Post a Comment